In the Fall of 2014, MediaStorm embarked on an exciting collaboration with Peace Is Loud and Fork Films for The Trials of Spring, a multimedia initiative to amplify the stories of women activists on the frontline of the uprisings sweeping the Middle East and North Africa. As MediaStorm’s Operations and Social Media Manager I’ve taken an active role in developing a social media strategy to compliment the outreach campaign and digital experience MediaStorm is tasked with building for the project. Preparation for the spring launch of a short films series online and the premiere of a feature-length film on PBS later this year has included:
- Collaborating with the film’s producers to determine the overall tone of outreach messaging. We developed social media best practices to help team members and partners navigate the sensitive topics the project explores online.
- Working with MediaStorm’s design team to establish a consistent brand identity for Facebook, Twitter and newsletters.
- Launching an Instagram account
- Identifying social media influencers and online platforms where conversations around relevant issues are taking place.
- Researching events and milestone tie-ins that could be leveraged during film rollout.
- Developing social media and outreach language and imagery to help the client and its partner organizations activate stakeholders before and during film rollouts.
Check out some of the social media posters we’ve developed for the initiative below.